Thursday, December 29, 2011

S'o, WHY the Failure to ACHIEVE the HIGH STANDARD ?

For about a week, I've failed to achieve the high standard of 10,000 steps/day in my daily low-stress exercise workout.  It's just not happening.

Given a graduate thesis to do, I'm finding that my schedule is barely negotiable when I spend all that time walking around.  One hour in a gym is a little different from two hours walking around town.

Of course, I spent an hour in a grocery store, and usually my round trip to the grocery is in itself 2000 steps.   Somethings wrong.  I walked up (should have been 1000 steps) in the afternoon, but after climing all those three levels of stairs, I saw EXACTLY 1000 steps.  Hmmm, I'd been walking around all morning.  After half a 2000-step trip, how did I only have exactly 1000 steps?

Then I walked an hour in the store, checking on prices - but it was all walking around at a pretty good clip.  After I checked out in the self-check express lane, I had exactly - WHAT? - 10005 steps.  Something is wrong here - with my $20 pedometer!

Then I walked back, then walked back and forth a few times between home and the office - and did lots of steps at the office - but WHAT? - still less than 1000 steps more (under 2000 steps).

I MAY be realizing health benefits I'm unable to document.  We'll see in time.  By now, given all that walking and 90 minutes on a rebounder, I should have about 8000-9000 steps, but I don't.

This pedometer was THE MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PEDOMETER - but I'm really frustrated with what I've noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment